Choose the most appropriate size Flushing Oil Concentrate for your particular need. Various size options are available –
Flushing Oil Concentrate is added directly to the oil immediately prior to the oil change. It is not recommended to be added to the oil and ran for extended periods of time. For the very best results, we recommend the following treatment rates –
Initial/Dirty Engine concentrated flush: add Flushing Oil Concentrate to the engine oil at 0.5 ounce per quart of engine oil (12.5ml per liter of engine oil).
- 8 ounces of Flushing Oil Concentrate treats a maximum of 16 quarts (4 gallons/19 liters) of oil
- 16 ounces of Flushing Oil Concentrate treats a maximum of 32 quarts (8 gallons/38 liters) of oil
- 32 ounces of Flushing Oil Concentrate treats a maximum of 64 quarts (16 gallons/76 liters) of oil
Subsequent routine oil change flush: add Flushing Oil Concentrate to the engine oil at 1/10th ounce per quart of engine oil (2.5ml per liter of engine oil).
Basically, the initial, hard-working, concentrated flush breaks down heavy, baked-on sludge, including carbon on piston skirts etc, sludge causing piston oil-rings to stick in the grooves, etc.
INITIAL TREATMENT/DIRTY ENGINES
Bring engine to FULL operating temperature. Drain old oil and refill with new, clean oil (this can be inexpensive oil for this purpose). Operate the engine to warm up the oil again, then add Flushing Oil Concentrate to engine oil at 0.5oz per quart (12.5ml per liter) of engine oil. Run the engine at a fast idle, stationary, for 45 minutes. For most small and medium type engines, this means 1500-2000 RPM. For larger truck type engines (e.g. Series 60 Detroits, Cats, Macks, Cummins, etc), run at about 1200 RPM. Drain the engine oil and replace oil filter. Refill with quality engine oil.
- 5 quart/liter oil capacity = 2.5oz (60ml) Flushing Oil Concentrate
- 5 gallon (20 liter) oil capacity = 10oz (250ml) Flushing Oil Concentrate
- 10 gallon (40 liter) oil capacity = 20oz (500ml) Flushing Oil Concentrate
Bring engine to FULL operating temperature. Add Flushing Oil Concentrate to engine oil at 0.1oz per quart (2.5ml per liter) of engine oil 30 – 60 minutes before oil change. Drive/operate normally. Continue with normal oil change.
- 5 quart/liter oil capacity = 0.5oz (12.5ml) Flushing Oil Concentrate
- 5 gallon (20 liter) oil capacity = 2oz (50ml) Flushing Oil Concentrate
- 10 gallon (40 liter) oil capacity = 4oz (100ml) Flushing Oil Concentrate
Occasionally, on an engine with years or decades of sludge build up, a second follow up concentrated flush may be required soon after the initial flush (600 – 1200 miles, 1000 – 2000km). It is suggested to add Flushing Oil Concentrate to clean oil (as per instructions for the “Initial Treatment/Dirty Engines”), at a rate of 0.25 (1/4) ounce Flushing Oil Concentrate per quart of engine oil (6.25ml per liter of engine oil). Operate the engine normally for between 4 – 6 hours, then drain, replace oil filters, and fill with quality oil.
(1 quart = 950ml, 1 liter = 33.8 ounces)